I am currently forming a waitlist and offering telehealth appointments exclusively. If you are interested in being added to the waitlist, please feel free to email me.Danica Byler, MA, LPC, NCC
Couples often struggle with the same recurring fights, which can lead to distance, isolation and loneliness.
Maybe right now you’re:
- Avoiding important conversations with your spouse.
- Feeling distant from your partner and not sure how to feel close again.
- Feeling like the way you cope with your emotions and stress is harming your relationship.
Many couples experience these things and therapy can help.
If you are ready to:
- Discover the cause and rebuild closeness, intimacy and trust in your relationship.
- Be aware of the issues you are struggling with, so they don’t continuously pose a barrier and take over.
- Find healthy ways to cope with stress and a sense of being overwhelmed
- Reconnect and reenergize your commitment to your partner, knowing that you have each other’s backs.
After more than 17 years of practice, I’ve found that a combination of Sue Johnson's research on emotionally focused work (EFT), coupled with our understanding of attachment theory and practical-based scientific techniques (Gottman Method) is the best way to create significant, lasting change in your relationship.
My work with couples includes:
- Pre-marital counseling
- Affair recovery
- Divorce recovery
- Interracial/intercultural issues
- Any committed couples
- Intensive couples sessions
- Issues with blended families and in-laws
Emotion Focused Therapy and The Gottman Method are the only two empirically validated methods for couples therapy.
Susan Johnson, Ph.D. founded EFT (Emotion Focused Therapy)...
With an Emotion Focused Therapy approach, we look a the negative dance you and your partner are caught in and how it leaves you both hurt and frustrated.
We will work to create a new dance that is safer, closer and more satisfying. Emotions are the music of the dance. Utilizing EFT, we work towards helping you understand the signals you send that might make it hard for your partner to trust you enough to come close. We will work towards helping you send new signals that pull your partner towards you. We help you dance together – in harmony.
John Gottman, Ph.D. founded The Gottman Method:
The Gottman Method of couples therapy uses scientific research from over 40 years of studying the dynamics of relationships. Dr. Gottman’s research shows that to make a relationship last, couples must have a strong friendship, learn to manage conflict and communicate so that you can each feel respected and appreciated.