7 Principles that make Marriage Work Couples Class
About this Class:
Dr. John Gottman has revolutionized the study of marriage. After four decades of research on all facets of relationships, the Gottman Institute has developed an approach that not only supports and repairs troubled marriages, but strengthens happy ones.
Benefits of Participation in this Class:
- Provides structure, motivation, and accountability to work through materials found in Dr. John Gottman's book, Seven Principles that Make Marriage Work.
- It is encouraging to be with other couples who are also working on improving their relationships.
- It is lighthearted and less threatening than therapy, but may also be a bridge to therapy if needed.
- Helps couples articulate goals, expectations, and time frames for working on their relationship in a positive way.
- Encourages both partners to work on the relationship rather than one partner reading the book alone.
- A great resource for pre-marital couples to learn skills that will enrich thier relationship through a lifetime.
The Seven Principles Program is appropriate for:
- Couples contemplating engagement
- Pre-marital couples
- Couples married for decades
The Seven Principles Program is Inappropriate for:
- Couples in severe relationship distress
- Significant emotional or physical abuse
- Mental health problems
- Relationships where one or both partners are addicted to drugs, alcohol, or other compulsive behavior.
Should you be interested in this work, but are dealing with any of these issues, a trained mental health provider can be recommended who specializes in the Gottman method.
Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested in participating in one of our upcoming classes.